When I was a teenager, when somebody asked me what would I like to be, my answer was "Journalist". At that time, no CNN or other satellite tvs, but only people, journalists, that were leaving their homes and families full of desire to see and tell the people about dictatorships, wars and starving people.
One of my favourites journalists, always on the road, was Oriana Fallaci and of course others less known.
During my school years I went to a journal and asked them to let me have some practice. Stages are frequent now a days and are part of school and university curricula, but at those days things were different.
I passed over one year in a group of young students willing to be journalists, like I did. Our page was about music... we all loved music and work very well as a group under the supervision of a professional journalist of the journal. But inside of me, the dream to go where people is suffering was always alive.
Then life guided me to do other things. I thought I've forgotten my dream of journalism but life that as always is the best teacher, enriched me with a lot of experience.
Now, I know that difficult situations are not only, wars or dictatorships. Of course are the worst situations, but starving people, there is no need to go in Africa to find them. You can find them even next door.
Children and adults who faced violence, physical or psychological, you can also find them next door.
Now, old and maybe wise in this blog, I would like to write of some of people I meet, wonderful people, young and less young that have enriched my life with their presence.
I thank the course of edX " Journalism for social change" for giving me this opportunity.I hope somebody would read the stories that I hope to write down here.
No comments:
Post a Comment